POSITION SUMMARY (Design Engineer IV)
Design Engineer IV is a role that relentlessly engineers, simplifies, and automates solutions that efficiently support growth and enable ADP to accelerate innovation. Database engineers maintain end to end accountability for the database platforms, Requirements thru support. They maintain key relationships with all stakeholders (Internal to the team, Customers/Development Teams, Engineering partners, and Vendors) to ensure they are providing the highest quality of service at the best cost.
Design Engineers are expected to be results-oriented, have knowledge of new and legacy technologies, have knowledge of the relevant platforms and environments, and be familiar with the business process, functions and data within their domain to provide innovative, insightful and secure solutions in a highly agile work environment
* Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration for production and non-production environments
* Collaborate with key stakeholders (Product Managers, Architects, Developers, Service Managers, and Scrum Masters) to gather requirements and engineer solutions that meet business need and in alignment with the overall vision.
* Continually automate routine operational database tasks and provide the customers with options to self-service their requirements
* Develop highly available Database systems that can sustain operational and disaster scenarios
* Eliminate technical debt across Database infrastructure
* Research, recommend and introduce new technologies and new uses of existing technologies partnering with development partners and other subject matter experts
* Optimize the database infrastructure by proactively gathering necessary metrics to analyze and forecast the DB resources and minimize or eliminate any database related impact.
* Be the database subject matter expert/partner for the development teams and work with them to ensure the database is always performing at the best possible levels
* Create efficiencies by identifying and providing solutions that automate all aspects of planning, provisioning, and maintaining Database infrastructure.
* Frequently is a liaison between vendors, developers, clients, infrastructure engineers and management. Enhances customer service and relationships with clients
* Subject Matter Expertise:
o In depth knowledge in Data Modeling/Data Architecture, Database infrastructure Architecture, Design, and implementation for RDBMS, NO SQL and Big Data technologies
* 10+ years of experience in RDBMS(Oracle/postgres/SQl Server/MySQL)
* 10+ years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available DB environments.
* Expert in Backup/restore, disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, and implementation
* Experience running and supporting very large databases under high transaction rates (OLTP, VLDB).
* Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, Operating systems and storage subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
o Expert in one or more areas of performance tuning, Backup and Recovery, High Availability, data replication, and automation, related to one or more database technologies
o Prior experience in implementing/managing database systems in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
* Problem Solving:
o All candidates must demonstrate a strong ability for problem solving.
o Self-motivated and able to manage a portfolio of products with little direction
* Project Management:
o Experience working in an agile SCRUM environment
o Expert level background in automation using one or more development tools like Shell, Python, Ansible, HPOO, Bladelogic, C , Java, Perl or equivalent tools/languages
* Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Golden Gate, RAC, Power Shell, Ansible, DBA, Database, Administrator
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.